Monday, January 30, 2012

i was going to do a kpop rant..

I'm going to be talking about KPOP! So steer clear people who find it boring. Cause I don't x)
I know I'm not a good judge of what music should sound like or what good music is so don't take anything too seriously okay.

T-ARA

T-ara's been SUPER ACTIVE lately. Like to the point of duper. With that said, let's take a look at their songs, which I've listened to and actually downloaded. Most of them really catchy and gets stuck in my head so I need to have them in my iPod. I was cursed into downloading them :O Not really.

Roly-Poly was seriously addictive. Then Cry-Cry was nice, but I didn't listen to it much. Lovey-Dovey is crazily catchy! Similar to Roly-Poly. I don't download their albums though, cause this is only how far I'll listen to them. Only up to their promoted songs...but of course, if you want to listen to T-ara's favourite song of mine, it would be Time To Love.

I don't know where they get their voices, the songs are all so high-pitched! I'd find it irritating if I recently found out about kpop but it's really normal already...but I still dislike the voices. Not so much though, I can tolerate. Still ... *shivers* they're the new aegyo monsters - I tell you.


Girls' Generation / SNSD 


was full of aegyo but they've grown up now, right... singing about "The Boys". This song is actually funny. From what I'm reading, it seems that people who like SNSD since - idk - debut dislikes this song. Then people who weren't fans to begin with, falls under the group of people who likes this song.
I find...this song makes a good intro for an album! Thumbs up! But as a promoting song? Let me quote someone: "I guess I'm disappointed. The hype's surrounding this song more than it's worth." The opening was cool (of the song, not the mv) but it's so.............straight. I don't know how to explain, macam before the chorus...the excitement's bulding up, the song is getting really good!!! THEN the chorus just falls flat like that. That's the best I could do to explain really. The best part of the song is definitely when the excitement rises, (when taeyeon and seohyun sing, i think) which is pretty short.

Another advice: don't listen to the English version. It's so crappy, I just wanted to cry (nah). They have Tiffany, who is overflowing with English ever since they released the English version.  Jessica too. But the whole lyrics didn't make sense!!@@#$#$%%^% It's so sad!!!! I mean, it's so embarrassing. *scratches head* If I were in a group, releasing an English song to promote to the English listeners and I knew English well, well... naturally, doesn't the urge to correct the nonsense lyrics come to me? Doesn't the English lyrics reflect on your own incapability in English somehow?
idk. maybe SM ignored Tiff and Jess when they argued.

I really liked Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) though! Somehow, before this song came out, I was listening to Genie everyday! The song's so dreamy too.. I love it to bits. Except for when they have SNSD laughing cutely. I wish that wasn't part of the song...


U-KISS 

Here we have U-Kiss. I've just started getting to know them (not their songs) because Simon and Martina interviewed them and they were soooooo friendly. Kevin and AJ were really funny. Plus Eli, these three are American born or something, so they speak English fluently with Simon & Martina. The others yang inda pandai cakap were respectfully listening in. Nice group they've got there.
BUT NOW I LISTEN TO THEM! though only their promoted songs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
Neverland AND Tick Tack. Love the dance and the song!!!!! You should try them, it's probably a dance genre or something, really rancak. Their songs before these songs, other than 0330, weren't my type. I just plain dislike them old songs.

TEEN TOP

Teen ... Top! *fangirls* I admit I dislike Brave Brothers (producer) a bit - he just sounds so obvious in his songs. Seems to me, every song he makes...sounds like him. Like...how boring can you get, dude~the song's got your trademark all over it, dude~ but their latest song "Crazy" produced by BBrothers is so.. I JUST LOVE IT! From 1st heard, I'm like~~~ aahhh fawning over them~~ I started liking them since No More Perfume On You <--- lots of people hated this song though, cause it was about cheating and in the mv, when Chunji got caught, he just grinned like he's so cool. I know I should hate him, being a girl, but I was like, "OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM" so much to care.
I watched all of Teen Top's live videos of No More Perfume On You. I don't know, I love watching them live with that song, maybe the dance? Now, with Crazy not so much. But I love the song!
oh and whenever I see Infinite, I always think about Teen Top instead. haha. Sorry but I somehow am not a big fan of Infinite. I know their popularity now is ever growing though, so good for them. But I hope Teen Top does well but not too well. So if they ever came to Brunei to perform, their tickets won't be too expensive! ^_^ it's an evil thought, i admit.

SUNNY HILLS

THEY'RE WAY TOO AWESOME FOR ME TO JUDGE. 'NUFF SAID.





BLOCK B

Making a comeback soon! Sooooo excited! They've been getting a lot of hate, because of their attitudes? *shrugs* Zico too, going through a lot of hating..and loving (his popularity is always expanding) but.... ok idc much about netizens. BUT IM GLAD THEY'RE MAKING A COMEBACK SOON  :D :D can't wait for Zico's awesomeness to explode! He must have improved his song writing since then, and before he was already quite good. I love their songs, and i mean ALL OF THEIR SONGS. That is why I am a BBC!

SHINEE

i hate SM for not making a comeback for them. SCREW EXO, you've got a talented group who hasn't promoted in Korea. I don't listen to their Japanese remake garbage.
Seriously, if you're going to sing in a foreign language (professionally), shouldn't you master the language and etc etc first? Idk how bad their songs are but this goes to every idol anyway.

AAAAND A RANDOM SONG TO END THIS!











No comments:

Post a Comment