Tuesday, January 24, 2012

awesome Jan holiday

last last last Sunday I went to Bangkok!! Then i returned on Thursday. The following Sunday I went to Singapore till Wednesday!
Unfortunately, when I came home, I caught a cold & coughed excessively. It's still continuing till today too so yeah..I've  been sleeping (cause my meds ada yang beri ngantuk) and reading books.
The holiday was really fun!!!! Seeing as last year I was my own prisoner because of the exams, yeah seeing a new country was totally refreshing.

FORGET EUROPE, i wanna backpack through Asia now. How have I missed this awesome region? We're too obsessed with English people(/Americans) due to our access to their media that we totally look down upon the countries closest to us!
I want to visit all ASEAN countries then other parts of Asia~~~

Right, i just finished watching a National Geographic Segment called Apocalypse WWII. The first part was about the journey of prisoner of wars...the jewish and others who were chosen to live when they arrived at Auschwitz. At Auschwitz, the prisoners were selected. Some were asked to go left, while others went right.
The people who went left entered the gas chambers, where they were killed.
The ones who went right lived....mostly suffered as they were forced to work.

It was really scary, the documentary..I cried at the ending. KESIANN!! Macam people were killed so easily and the prisoners finally gained their freedom back when americans saved them kali ada this clip. A medic was talking to a prisoner kali the prisoner started to cry really hard and paluk paluk ia. the medic consoled him kindly.
The survivors were so happy when they were saved. I mean to go through all that slavery and starvation and cruelty...i'm amazed there were any survivors at all.

Then the next part of the segment was about an album, just recently found in 2007. It was an album which contained pictures of officers who were in charge of the Auschwitz incident. The pictures...looks so unreal. The officers were having fun, eating dinners, laughing, frolicking, etc. (anything that excludes suffering) all the while killing numerous people during their day job.
I quote a woman saying, "We'd like to imagine them as monsters [the nazi officers, etc] ... but this album.... shows that they are as human as we are." (not a perfect quotation)


The Holocaust is a history of enduring horror and sorrow. It seems as though there is no spark of human concern, no act of humanity, to lighten that dark history. - SOURCE

2 comments:

  1. yahh~!! baruth update! haha, anyway, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k'onn....you should watch "vietnam in HD" its similar to apocalypse. moving stories:)

    ReplyDelete