Thursday, January 17, 2013

GP 1st term, new group

LOOK AT MY POSTS COUNT! :O
It has been decreasing steadily over the years....
To be honest, I admit, I stopped writing so much because "it was not cool". Hahah! Serious, I always followed blogs written by 'cool' people before and they hardly post. I was thinking, "Damn.. I should reduce blogging. It's embarrassing to be posting too much."
L.O.L. too bad. After successfully reducing the amount of blog posts per month... ah well, blogging was not a habit anymore. I used to crave blogging. I loved it to bits. I still do though, I still like writing crap without it being graded.
My posts will be judged though~ but you can never avoid judgement anyway when a human is involved.

So! New Year, New term - which means NEW GP GROUP! A good GP group is crucial in my class. Miss Umi always give us group tasks, questions to answer together and to explain briefly to the class. It is a way to get us involved and I do think it is a good idea.  GP is a discussion type of subject so it can get boring so nothing better to keep us awake than to let us talk, right?
It was kind of saddening to leave my previous group! Syazwan, Farah, Tiff and Chang T_T we were together for more than 2 terms kali. So saaa~d. And Syazwan was totally awkward with his new group which is weird cause he is the type of guy to feel comfortable anywhere (even where he does not belong). It feels weird to talk less to Tiffany too! We always meet on the way to class (Plogy/GP) and she never fails to say, "KHAIRUUN! Goshhhh haven't talked to youuu! I miss our grouuup!" haha.

My new group consists of Sofia, Amri, Jia Hoe and me, myself & I. This is my first time to be in a group with any of them. So far, I really like them. Sofia is...er... wild, to say the least and she shares with me some interesting information I have never heard of before. Let's just say we live in two totally different worlds - as in, I'm very very tame. I don't go out, I don't socialize as a hobby. And thank goodness! Jia Hoe and Amri are totally useful! I was worried that they will stay silent and never contribute but that is not the case. So, so glad. Makes things far more easier! Amri is odd in a way though. Jia Hoe wanted our number so he can contact us for our project and he handed to Amri his HTC phone so that Amri could save his number in his phone.

Amri: .... *turns the phone around*...What do I do?
Kron: Save your number.
Amri: *awkwardly handles the phone*.. what do I press?
Kron: What?
Amri: *looks at me*
Kron: *stares back*
Amri: I have this old phone. I have never owned a smartphone before.
(Just wanted to add, even tho you have never owned a smartphone...at this age, I think everybody at least has experience with touchscreen phones, right? ...wrong..or maybe HTC was not his type)
Kron: It's touchscreen. Just click the thing. That box there. Uhuh..... now type your name.........click the other box...type your number.....

And then today, we had to continue our research for our project. I brought my laptop and I have this tendency to talk a lot when I'm hyped up. I read them the meaning of our hari kebangsaan logo (found it in a newspaper) and various articles I came across. Amri and Sofia, to my surprise, actually listen so it's kind of flattering. Though I don't mind talking alone...but getting a response is better than that. Definitely. Since I sit next to Amri, my random ramblings are in his "frequency". So I opened up my laptop and told him about an internet browser which works differently than Google, a whole chapter regarding Saddam Hussein came up, a Muslim organisation called MILF (awk...ward), rape articles (OK we were reading the newspaper and a lot of these articles came up), masochist and he is always taking notes. After asking a question, he writes something on his notebook. Like even all the irrelevant topics I mention were noted inside his notebook. Never met anyone so devoted in gaining new random knowledge like that.

Talking about GP projects, our topic is GENOCIDE.
Other topics were related to human rights. It's weird though, when we go through newspapers...
kron: Next newspaper! I hope this one has a genocide in it.
...
Kron: not that I want anything like that to happen or anything *smiles guiltily*








No comments:

Post a Comment