Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Existential Crisis

I feel like blogging more often lately because I have been reading this very AWESOME AWESOME BLOG which I will link in another post (sooner or later). That blog deserves one whole post on it so patience for people who wish to join me and become a fangirl/boy of the blog. I'm planning to finish reading all the posts before I spread it around :D cause it's so awesome I want to be the only viewer reading it.

For psychology, we started on a new case study today! I'm excited but also extremely worried - we're not done with AS syllabus yet. I could take a bath in optimism yet I'm pretty sure if we maintain at this slow pace...we're never going to finish our A level syllabus on time. Not with all the surprise events sprouting out here and there.
However, I did find something that grabbed my attention today and it has stuck with me since.......................

existential crisis

They have a term for this!!!!! For those moments we question the reason we're alive, what we're for, what's life is all about, "searching for the meaning of life" - whooosh~ who knew it was a real problem! Though it is not a disorder or anything like that, no psychiatrist/psychologist/mind reader ever touched this subject, to be honest. No study on this.

Nevertheless, we do know who touched on this subject.
Allah. Religions! Why do we live? For Muslims, we live for Allah. Maybe it is hard to wrap our heads around that (took me a long time) but after understanding it deeper... :)
Thinking about Islam can really relax me.

I started going through existential crisis when I was quite young though, I admit, and it continued throughout my life. Don't know if it's normal that it started really early (around primary 3-4?). I never cease to question the reason I have to study, get As, be good, etc. Like what was it all for?!? All those hard work, what for?
The questions never stopped coming but nowadays at least, I do have a reason - an answer. Usually existential crisis happens to me...when I'm lost. From being a Muslim. When I start thinking materialistically, about this short term life saja, not the afterlife - yeah thats when existential crisis hits me bad.

P/s: my ENGLISH IS SO LAME. Why am I not improving?!?!!






No comments:

Post a Comment