Monday, October 24, 2016

SA appreciation post

If you guy didn't know, for every clinic placements I have, I am always paired with someone. It has been my luck that I have been paired with lovely people since last year!
For the first time though, I've been paired with an Asian-Australian. She's very much Australian, but her mother is Vietnamese while her dad is French.
This is the first time I've actually befriended an Asian-Australian, so to speak. I mean, I know a lot of Asians that come from Asia, but what about the ones who were born here? How are they like?
Can I just say that the dynamics is completely different. They're friendly, relatable and much more likely to make conversation. I don't mean to be judgmental but it's certainly true so far.
I don't blame the other Australians. When you feel like you don't have common ground with someone, it's pretty scary trying to approach them. So I can understand why the other partners I had can be slightly reserved and guarded around me. Unlike my partner this semester.
I'm gonna miss her so bad after this! I spent hours with her every week. More than 6 hours on a Tuesday and 4 hours on a Monday is the minimum contact we've had. Clinic work is tough and she has been an amazing pillar for me. anyhow, I just wanted to share some silly convos we had.

I sneezed a lot lately cause it's spring and pollens are everywhere!
N: Did you know that you have the prettiest sneeze?
K: *still disoriented after my pretty sneeze*
K: *snorts in disbelief* Umm OK
N: Don't you believe me?!?
K: *eyes her weirdly*
N: One day, somebody's gonna fall in love with you and he's going to love your sneeze
K: *falling down in fits of laughter*

N: hey Khairun.
K: Mhm
N: Is arranged marriage a thing for you guys?
K: Well, I guess if you want to, you can get it arranged.
N: Is that something you want?
K: *sighs* at this rate...
N: *chuckles* *pats me condescendingly* Things will get better

About to start a clinic session,
K: How're you feeling?
M: I feel sick
K: You caught a fever?
M: Yeah
N: wait, you're really sick?
We just stared at her cluelessly.
N: Like sick sick? Like..not mentally sick?
K: 😦
N: no, no, no.. I just thought you meant you were mentally sick earlier. I didn't realize you were sick sick.
*Silence*
M: yeah i get what you mean
Haha

Our coursemate was offering brownies to N. I was sitting next to her so naturally...
E: hey, do you want some?
K: i'm fine :)
E: are you sure?
K: yeah, that's alright
N: khairun, just eat one
K: but...
N: just take one!
K: thank you *shamefully takes a piece*
N: yeah yeah don't pretend like you didn't want to. Don't pretend like I forced you to do it
K: 😂

She's honestly probably the one foreign friend I have right now that legit calls me by my name. She even calls out my full name when I'm annoying her😂😂Thanks gurl😘

No comments:

Post a Comment