Hi humans on planet Earth.
Yesterday...I went on a shopping spree and now I feel really upset with myself. I didn't mean to spend that much money. I already planned what I needed to buy and I got them.
Unfortunately though, I didn't plan on how I was going to control my hunger. I woke up at 7am to accompany my friend to the market and I already did plan to eat falafel there. The falafel pocket there are soooo delicious and fresh - it almost converted me to a vegetarian. It even pushed me to start making my own falafels, as crazy as that seems.
I even made tahini sauce.
With that, I can make hummus..when I have the time. Hopefully soon.
So I went to the market and got some fruits and veggies although I don't necessarily need it. But I love my mushrooms and apples. I need them eventhough I already bought my capsicum and chives last week.
I hate being on a student budget. I have to be stingy about everything.
Afterwards while Aimi went to catch the bus back home, I went off to Art Shed which is an art supplies shop.
This obviously is heaven for a girl like me who has been dabbing her hands in various artsy stuff lately.
Yesterday...I went on a shopping spree and now I feel really upset with myself. I didn't mean to spend that much money. I already planned what I needed to buy and I got them.
Unfortunately though, I didn't plan on how I was going to control my hunger. I woke up at 7am to accompany my friend to the market and I already did plan to eat falafel there. The falafel pocket there are soooo delicious and fresh - it almost converted me to a vegetarian. It even pushed me to start making my own falafels, as crazy as that seems.
I even made tahini sauce.
With that, I can make hummus..when I have the time. Hopefully soon.
So I went to the market and got some fruits and veggies although I don't necessarily need it. But I love my mushrooms and apples. I need them eventhough I already bought my capsicum and chives last week.
I hate being on a student budget. I have to be stingy about everything.
Afterwards while Aimi went to catch the bus back home, I went off to Art Shed which is an art supplies shop.
This obviously is heaven for a girl like me who has been dabbing her hands in various artsy stuff lately.
So I've been trying out hand lettering as a hobby during my midsem break. It all started when I complimented my friend's work, Syafiqah, on Instagram. I wanted her to continue making it cos I really liked it, so I messaged her. And we went on to talking and before that day, I never really knew what you call that kind of artwork. I always thought it was typography honestly...
But she introduced it as hand lettering. So things spiralled out of control from there where I bought two books on lettering on a whim (it arrived after my midsem break which is stupid cos I wanted to do it during the break).
Hand lettering tho goes somewhat hand in hand with watercolouring.
I've been watching youtube videos of hand lettering and somehow watercolouring videos pops up on my feed as well. Kelloggloops - this dude came up. And his artwork - let me tell you - is amazing. It's the type of art that I found myself downloading the past few months and just fawning over. It usually has a girl and she's always surrounded by a different background. That sounds simple but each work has its own meaning. So I watched his videos and I just loved it! I thought that this would make a good hobby hence I went to art shed to get my supplies.
But she introduced it as hand lettering. So things spiralled out of control from there where I bought two books on lettering on a whim (it arrived after my midsem break which is stupid cos I wanted to do it during the break).
Hand lettering tho goes somewhat hand in hand with watercolouring.
I've been watching youtube videos of hand lettering and somehow watercolouring videos pops up on my feed as well. Kelloggloops - this dude came up. And his artwork - let me tell you - is amazing. It's the type of art that I found myself downloading the past few months and just fawning over. It usually has a girl and she's always surrounded by a different background. That sounds simple but each work has its own meaning. So I watched his videos and I just loved it! I thought that this would make a good hobby hence I went to art shed to get my supplies.
At the art shed, of course, it was heaven. I promised myself not to overspend and get what I needed. Brush markers tick. I surveyed them the night before and I know just exactly which ones I wanted.
But watercolours...
The watercolours.....
There were so many options and how does a noob like me figure out the best one for my buck? I asked a friendly staff who had bleached white pink hair which looked gorgeous on her. She had specs on and started teaching me about watercolour. I love her.
I told her I was just just just starting and she was probably more excited than I was. She told me about the different qualities of watercolour palettes, what I probably need down the line and she helped pick out the ultimate brush that's affordable for me. Great. And I got a student discount as well. Wootwoot.
But watercolours...
The watercolours.....
There were so many options and how does a noob like me figure out the best one for my buck? I asked a friendly staff who had bleached white pink hair which looked gorgeous on her. She had specs on and started teaching me about watercolour. I love her.
I told her I was just just just starting and she was probably more excited than I was. She told me about the different qualities of watercolour palettes, what I probably need down the line and she helped pick out the ultimate brush that's affordable for me. Great. And I got a student discount as well. Wootwoot.
I went off to get other things (which I also planned for) but then I don't know, I probably overspent by then.
Then a friend asked if I could replace her friend to drive her to Pacific Fair which is one hour away. I said yes.
I probably shouldn't. I slept so late last night and had to wake up so early at 7am and now I was going to drive one hour back and forth? That's an insane idea and I knew it. I still said yes anyway.
Yeap.
I ate soft shell crab rolls at Pacific Fair to fuel myself (one bucket list task ticked off) and just rested there. Pacific Fair is gorgeous. It's like a high class shopping centre with famous brands everywhere, but smack dab in the middle are water fountains and endless couches to relax in. This is why I love Brisbane. They freaking supply couches everywhere. I can always rest.
Drove back after that and my co-pilot kept me entertained by switching the radio stations often to ensure good music keeps playing.
I made it very clear that that was what she had to do before she sat in the passenger seat! I'm glad that she stuck to it. She took it even more seriously by singing to the songs after googling the lyricsI was wondering halfway through the car ride why she remembered the lyrics to every new song.
Arrived home...
Lied on my bed for an hour or so with my stinking body.
Took a shower.
At this point, my eyes were just red out of exhaustion. If there's any weakness I have, it is that I can never hide how tired I am. My eyebags just grow so big and dark and the whites of my eyes turn red whenever I'm pushed too far beyond my limit. It's strange though. I feel like my body overreacts to a long day. I swear my inner energy can still keep going!
But body wins this battle and I drifted to sleep as soon as I was done with my late dinner.
Then a friend asked if I could replace her friend to drive her to Pacific Fair which is one hour away. I said yes.
I probably shouldn't. I slept so late last night and had to wake up so early at 7am and now I was going to drive one hour back and forth? That's an insane idea and I knew it. I still said yes anyway.
Yeap.
I ate soft shell crab rolls at Pacific Fair to fuel myself (one bucket list task ticked off) and just rested there. Pacific Fair is gorgeous. It's like a high class shopping centre with famous brands everywhere, but smack dab in the middle are water fountains and endless couches to relax in. This is why I love Brisbane. They freaking supply couches everywhere. I can always rest.
Drove back after that and my co-pilot kept me entertained by switching the radio stations often to ensure good music keeps playing.
I made it very clear that that was what she had to do before she sat in the passenger seat! I'm glad that she stuck to it. She took it even more seriously by singing to the songs after googling the lyricsI was wondering halfway through the car ride why she remembered the lyrics to every new song.
Arrived home...
Lied on my bed for an hour or so with my stinking body.
Took a shower.
At this point, my eyes were just red out of exhaustion. If there's any weakness I have, it is that I can never hide how tired I am. My eyebags just grow so big and dark and the whites of my eyes turn red whenever I'm pushed too far beyond my limit. It's strange though. I feel like my body overreacts to a long day. I swear my inner energy can still keep going!
But body wins this battle and I drifted to sleep as soon as I was done with my late dinner.
The point of this post was to complain about the amount of money I spent yesterday, but I kinda went off tangent.
No comments:
Post a Comment