Saturday, August 29, 2015

North Stradbroke

Hey. I'm procrastinating right now....

...That is probably not the best introduction to give when you have been MIA from your blog for months, but yes. Let's start with the truth and move onwards, yeah?

I feel like I'm on a tip of an iceberg, ready to break off any moment due to a slight force or even, melt away with the change of weather. I feel extremely pressured and stressed because SECOND SEMESTER IS HARD. SO CHALLENGING. By the time I reach my Wed - Fri, workload just triples and I get so tired I kind of sleep away my Friday night and Saturday morning.

My mid-semester exams start next week and I can't sleep properly from nerves. I haven't been this nervous for quite awhile, but that is really because I can see the amount of content I have to go through and it looks freakily thick to me *glances at anatomy book in fear.

Thank Goodness though, I think tutorials certainly help a bunch! They reinforce some knowledge so I don't go through my week feeling as if I did not study anything at all. Every week, I gain new knowledge. But not all that is important was gained.

Speaking of knowledge....
I study Anatomy this semester. We have practicals. With...cadavers.
It's mad, I know, but hella interesting! In fact, I feel quite numb towards cadavers now. They're just...things to study anatomy on. (LOL KIDDS I STILL FREAK OUT WHEN THEYVE GOT HAIR ATTACHED) 
Due to human beings being so different from each other, it's rather hard to identify parts. Each cadaver offer a different look of the same part - it's amazing to think about it. My stomach could honestly look different than yours. Think about that. We're different internally and externally. I don't know if our cells could look different...but probably yeah. We're so unique.

Last week, we went to North Stradbroke Island (where something amazing happened...). The view! THE VIEW!
It's to die for. Or to live for. LIFE GOALS. I feel like I have succeeded in one of life's main goals going there, taking in the view.
The water was so CLEAN... you literally could see the flaws on your legs through the beach water. Sigh. Now I know how dirty Brunei's beach is.
Certainly gave me a new perspective. Not to mention, we saw a school of dolphins. Their fins were bopping up and down on the water (I do not know how to describe this..) and I saw a freaking penyu. Even from afar, the penyu looked pretty huge to me. And a whale!! Well, technically, I didn't see the whale but some people with binoculars were convinced that they were looking at a whale in the distance. I trust their judgment, cause they sounded amazed. As was I. About everything.

Meow

No comments:

Post a Comment