Monday, September 10, 2012

failing to whisper

People always tell I have a really LOUD voice but it is hard for me to notice that myself, cause in my own opinion, my voice is at the average volume, always. But it seems like it's still loud.
But... yeah, I guess the fact my voice is loud is proven in some ways already. 
Why am I bringing this up?

Whenever I mutter to my friends - directly to them! I don't mean for anyone else to hear it - especially in class, sometimes.... the teachers respond. It is shocking, yknow. 
It is either: (a) they have sharp ears 
                   (b) I am that loud =_='
                   (c) I sit waaay too close to the front -All my seats are at the front of the class, except for GP. But we sit in groups for GP. 

My conclusion? The answer happens to be ALL OF THEM. I'm sure, all of those factors contributed to my teachers' responses.

Case #1
Joshua enters the classroom after going to the toilet.
Kron: Eh, laju jua ia kamih.
Piqah: .... *wide eyes*
Kron: Ia ke jamban wah eh! I mean, not - not kamih - well, that's not the point! Laju wah!
Piqah: um
Kron: Jamban mana ia pergi tu ah? Cepat jua.
Piqah: Em, ia ke jamban sini kali
Kron: Laju ia jalan. Jauh jua tu.

blahblahblah apparently, I forgot there was a toilet close to the class. At the end of the convo, when we stopped talking, my chemistry teacher turned from the whiteboard (she was writing notes),
Tchr Sharifah: Whyy are you debating about that?

haha Gawd, so embarrassing. We couldn't look at her without laughing after that.

Case #2
So my biology teacher wanted to give us our notes in presentation form. Because he teaches us using Powerpoint and all his notes are in that form. He wanted to email us but it was too heavy to send. So his solution is to print his presentations on paper, 6 slides per paper. You know, the one with boxes. 
To be honest...I dislike that format. IT SUCKS BIG TIME.
So we were kinda bummed, I was excited to write down his notes anyway! :( 

Mr Teo: So... you think about it tonight and tomorrow we decide if you want the notes or not. It's $10 per booklet, and I'm giving you all the AS core topics as well.
Students:...
Mr Teo: So you think about it. I'm not forcing you, only if you're willing.
*a few minutes passed and I was still feeling a bit..disappointed* 
Kron (To Nadz): but..what if we're not willing?
Mr Teo looked sideways and smiled. 
Kron, Nadz: *gaped*

hahaha shoot shoot shoot 

Have I ever shared with you my new biology teacher's name? He just came back from doing his masters. His name: Mikhail Gregory Teo.
He is strict but soft, not a softie, but he is soft. Strict-soft. It's interesting. He is an interesting man, so far. And for a biology teacher, he makes some good bio jokes every class. That has to be an achievement, right? 
Since when has bio lessons have ever been funny anyway? He's pretty good!

Thing is, I like to hear his voice. It's...calming, deep. 
Am I getting weird by the second? I should stop. Haha.

Case #3
Sir Dzul was talking about our personal files in class (he gets easily sidetracked by his own train of thoughts in plogy class, its amazing how far he goes) and he mentioned that...
Sir Dzul: all your disciplinary problems are kept in your personal file. blahblahblah - he gives examples of disciplinary problems- blahblah caught dating, --

I misheard him and laughed to myself.
Kron (To myself!!): haha. court dating. hahaha

Aaand all the students in front of me heard me and laughed as well.
Sir Dzul:  *gives me the eye* CAUGHT dating.
Elroy: I heard court dating.
Sir: CAUGHT --
Aisyah: I heard court too
Sir: CA--
Nathan: Yeah, you said court
Sir: CAUGHT!
Chun Kiat & others: COURT!

At this point, I was laughing really hard. Macam..cali jua tu. All I did was just say court dating and the thing became a really big deal. 

Sir Dzul: fine, fine! Court dating it is!
Students: ???
Sir Dzul: Court for courtship! Makes sense, right?
Kron: Apakan. 

hahaha entah eh sir Dzul ah. It doesn't make sense! 

--------

On a side note:
I don't know why, but I was thinking about times I spent with my friends.

Kron: urghhh I can't believe I don't have any classes with Mariam this year!
Cyn:...
Kron: And next year. Or all the years after that! Oh Gawwwd!







No comments:

Post a Comment