Today we were supposed to have a cleaning campaign. We actually did but I did not join it.
None of my fellow set 3 Math friends joined it.
There was a notice close to where we handed in our hw saying that we had to sit for the test despite the cleaning campaign. And our hopes for a cancellation rose when an assembly was held...but alas we were pulled out of the assembly. The principal - who was giving announcements - announced that set 3 maths should leave for their test.
That's 2 times I have left an assembly for a test/exam. Quite an interesting experience - people keep referring to the morning's assembly for the rest of the day and you have no clue what they're talking about. haha.
Yesterday, one of my friends was absent from math class.
Mr Lim: Where is she?!??!?!
Q: She's absent. Her grandfather passed away.
Mr Lim: Oh..My condolences..
Apparently, he still couldn't stop thinking about the girl because he was worried she cannot cope with the specific topic we were studying that day so he brought her up again.
Mr Lim: *lecture regarding absence* haiya. This one ah *points to the empty seat* her grandfather die at the wrong time lah.
REACTION: *stunned* *disbelief* *cruelty sank in* *laughed*
BTW! I got shortlisted for wordplay :D
Wordplay is like an upgraded version of spelling bee. There is a spelling section but not all of it is about spelling...its so hard to explain. But it was so epic, when we auditioned, we only learned the rules from Ms. Erna who explained really quickly and people were like, "huh what?!"
It was as if we were cracking codes!
We had an audition for wordplay the other day where we had to answer some questions provided on the slides quickly and like 30+ students joined it (the room was crammed!)
I treated it more like a game rather than a competition at that time (there was no competitive feeling anyway). It was seriously (mindblowingly) hard. It's such an interesting competition though. I loved it.
So, according to Miss Umi, 10 top marks gets to be shortlisted to join the "vigorous training" for the real competition among sixth forms. (KB has only one sixth form so the audition was pretty simple)
Among the ten, only 5 students get to really represent SMSA.
I'm sincerely surprised that I am top ten! alongside my gp mates, Syazwan and Ummi :) :)
I bet Miss Umi is pleased that 3 out of 5 of her "chosen" students went through.
I'm not in it to win it though, all I want is something new, something fresh - something I have never experienced before.
Life has been so routine, I think I almost became a timetable or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment