My parents just left for Umrah yesterday :'( they won't be back until 3rd day of Raya. 3rd! and we're halfway through Ramadhan and it's just me with one brother here............I feel like my soul has been ripped away from me.
Home only feels like home if my parents are here.
It's okay though, having my brother around helps me retain my sanity a bit. Home without family is the weirdest thing ever. I'd rather be somewhere else alone. The fact that I am home magnifies how empty it is without the usual crew ~_~
SoooOoooOooO Germany won the World Cup. Very deserving! I was rooting for Chile and Mexico but alas they didn't leave the knockout round safely.
I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to fill up my time but man, this book is seriously amazing. Putting all of its complicated and incomprehensible Sci-Fi genre aside, the comedy part is just top-notch. It's REALLY funny. It's the type of funny that you have to read though, so everytime I share with my family, it just sounds soooo lame but when I personally read it, I laugh out loud :'D
The robots in the world are hilarious because they are installed with GPP - Genuine People Personality. You've got a severely depressed robot called Marvin and a people pleaser in the Heart of Gold spaceship operating system. Everytime the spaceship opens a door, the system will say, "Well thank you! You just made me happy by letting me open the door for you!" HAHA
It's madness.
I think the best part about this book is that each character's personalities are interestingly normal. In fact, other than the Sci-Fi part of this world, the way the characters interact are surprisingly realistic. It's filled with lots of comedic moments that could actually happen in real life. I think that's a big part why I like it. It doesn't rely on lying bimbos (a role usually held by a Sophie Kinsella heroine) or an overtly annoying smart-ass (err all detective books???).
No comments:
Post a Comment