so this week, SMSA was filled with events events events!
But on Monday and Tuesday, I did not come to school. The events on those days were boring (I assume!)
But on Wednesday and Thursday was SMSA Idol & SMSA Appreciation Day respectively! Well for SMSA idol, I came to support my friends (but I am pretty sure they did not really bother whether I support or not) for example: Melva, Matin, Riduwan, Zai...and Jed. I guess.
OK admittedly they were not the reason I came, I came because I wanted to see if one of the possible SMSA idols could blow my mind and be a real potential superstar!
SPOILER ALERT: JED WON THE WHOLE THING and he was awesome. He sang "Raise me up" and his whole performance was smooth. Ming Fang played the violin alongside him which sounded so gorgeous! As gorgeous as his voice! Oh my, he has a fantastic voice. I could listen to him sing all day..night... 365 days...365 nights...leap years..whatever haha
Have you ever heard someone sing live? It doesn't have to be a celebrity. I heard Jed sing once early this year, he sang 'Just the way you are'. I remember it so clearly.
He took a guitar from someone.
Kron: Are you auditioning for music club? Can you sing?
Jed: No
And then he started singing. OMG Lawa.
I heard him audition too! for Music club! sooo beautiful.
MY POINT is when you hear someone sing so beautifully in real life, it is kind of hypnotizing. I swear it is. You just wanna stop and stare and sit and listen.
Talking about Jed, for SMSA appreciation day, me and Nadz and some others were a part of the cultural committee. Sounds lame right. But for some reason, we were tasked with singing the school song during S.A. day. At first, we were really reluctant... like really 10000x
Sir Asyraf also had another idea in mind. He wanted to change the freaking school song. I was quite unnerved by this because during our first practice, he had not come up with a melody at all. And every time he tried to sing the old SMSA school song, he laughed.
So the first practise was like ..whattttt... we had to think of a new melody?
And Afiq proposed a melody that was a perfect copy of PJN's school song. That pissed me off a bit but I wished very very hard that once the whole song was finished being altered with, it would not be so obvious that it sounds like PJN's school song.
A wish which came true, I suppose.
Little by little, Jed and Afiq created a whole new SMSA song. They're amazing, credits to them both. Jed played the guitar for us but for the real performance, we used piano. I love the acoustic version better. Much more uplifting.
Not to mention, Jed is so talented that he created the guitar chords on the spot *fangirling* and helped tune our voices together. Like WTH who knew someone could be so talented.
Have you heard, he is smart too. And goodlooking. I haven't mentioned that, have I? ;)
And when we practised, it was so cool! Like they'd invent a new melody and we would all just sing along to it and tweak things until it sounded right. Gosh. Rugged banar.
We finished the school song only like 2/3 days before the real event! And it was beautiful.
So beautiful that after performing, the teachers requested an Encore and not to mention, other mpp/prefects/peer guiders were like saying the best part of S.A. day was the new school song and they can't believe they changed it. Ehem credits to sir Asyrah, Afiq and Jed actually.
Mr Shim also told Sir Asyraf that "This is the first time I felt like humming the school song!! First time ever!!"
Yikes I'm so proud of the choir group :'D
So here it is again. I was totally reluctant and moody to join this choir thing but all the best things come unexpected.
Now that doesn't end there! The principal liked it so much that Sir Asyraf was tasked to find a proper recording studio to record us!!!!!!!! YESSSS
And our voices - THIS SONG - will be forever be used for the future generation of SMSA students.
Probably even when we are dead. But are you crazy, this is like we're physically leaving a mark (leaving our voices) behind in SMSA. It feels so awesome I could cry T_T
You just have to acknowledge the fact that this is an amazing achievement in itself! When else can we be historically etched into a school like that? Other than winning in the name of the school, damn... this is another interesting way. So so so unexpected.
Not to mention, I cannot wait to enter a real recording studio! *sakai*
Now, let's head over to SMSA Appreciation Day.
IT WAS AWESOME. #word
We had this surprise performance involving any of the student leaders who wanted to join in. We had to dance to Macarena and Mambo #5. It was a fun thing and anybody could join actually. So I decided to join right at the end because I didn't really want to dance in front of anybody. But thank goodness, there were so many people dancing on stage that I was probably not visible to anyone! We had so much fun! We only used socks too to increase the smoothness of our dance. It felt so awesome!!! Cannot wait for the videos to be uploaded, but I am not sure who recorded it.
After that they also made this long human dancing chain (okay, I'm not sure whats the term to describe this HAHA) and they danced around the hall, being lead by Safwan! In the end, the principal and the deputy principal joined in. Kali they went up and pulled some ropes and
BALLOONS!!! BALLOONS DROPPED ONTO THE STAGE!!!!
By the way, we helped blew the balloons a day before :D Iski lagi tuu kami menolong.
and party poppers or whatever were popped!!! haha.
Then somebody played oppa gangnam style and the deputy principal, Cikgu Osman (?), danced on stage!!!! but he stopped after awhile kali the student leaders on stage danced to Oppa Gangnam Style! The whole song!
And Eddy and Richard *giggles* they reenacted the Elevator Scene from the mv (Eddy did the thrusts and Richard was on the floor) and also the Yoo Jae Suk & Psy Scene in the parking lot.
It was really fun.
Did I tell you that Richard actually like, sexy danced with his butt faced towards the principal at one point? So he was on stage though, and the principal sat off stage but still. He actually did that.
I do hope the audience had fun. There was not a lot of people present, in PJN these kind of things are hyped up about but SMSA doesn't really have that semangat. But whatever. We had fun and whoever was not there to experience what many teachers claimed to be "one of the most successful events in SMSA", well boo hoo. Too bad.
Now that should be the end of the student leaders' events this year and by next year, we only have one event which would be the orientation for new pre u1! YES MY DARLINGS, Im going to pre u2. hahahhaahahahaahahah
*drops dead out of nerves*
No comments:
Post a Comment